Welcome from one learner to another!
This weblog aims to shorten learning curves of KM (knowlege management) learners, and to contribute my share in growing this new discipline.
I have spent more than a decade figuring out the intricacies of “knowledge management” while staying grounded by practicing it in our organization CCLFI and through our KM consulting services. I have been teaching KM as a graduate course in the University of the Philippines for 11 years now.
Each blog entry is the distillation of months and years of tough learning on my part. What I gained over a longer time, you can gain from my weblogs in 15 minutes. As another learner, I am sure you know many things that I don’t; so please share your comments, questions or criticisms. Good deal? Let’s go!
What interests me: New ideas that work, travelling, networking, meeting new and old friends
What excites me: Helping others discover their blindfolds, playing with Elias my grandson:
What weighs me down: Political, religious, ethnic and environmental problems in our Planet Earth
My pet peeve: hidden mental boxes that imprison its unwitting owner’s thinking, seeing and feeling
What occupies my time: Writing, KM consulting, nurturing CCLFI like it is one of my children, innovating new KM tools
My current KM consulting engagements (June 2011): Asian Productivity Organization (Tokyo), Department of Health, Development Academy of the Philippines, National Security Council Secretariat
My continuing challenge: managing egos: others’ egos and especially my own ego
What calms me down: watching a panoramic scenic view from a high place
My dream: grow a new KM discipline (it may not be called “knowledge management”)
My favorite morning routine: drinking coffee while quietly admiring the mango tree in front of my house and enjoying its occasional bird visitors.
What I like most –
– Music by: Yanni, Abba, John Denver, Enya, Kitaro, Loreena McKennitt, Vangelis, John Williams, Secret Garden
– Movies: Last Samurai, The Notebook, Choclat, Hidalgo, Mama Mia!, The Presidio, Avatar
– Songs: My Heart Will Go On (Celine Dion), Learn to be Lonely (Minnie Driver), Colors of the Wind (Vanessa Williams), Imagine (John Lennon), Don’t Cry for Me Argentina (Tina Arena)
– Cities: Vancouver (Canada), Luang Prabang (Laos), Bellagio (Italy)
– Sights: Lago di Como from Villa Serbelloni hilltop, Grand Canyon from a helicopter, Petronas Towers’ lights at night, Hong Kong Harbour from the lobby lounge of Hotel Intercon, Taal Volcano and Taal Lake from Tagaytay Ridge, Pacific Ocean viewed from Route 1 along the California coast, snow-capped mountains around Jasper in the Canadian Rockies
– Authors: Ken Wilber, Neale Donald Walsch, Khalil Gibran, Krishnamurti, Eckhart Tolle.
My contact information:
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
Mobile phone: +63.920.908.0329